Roleplayers of FTT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers of FTT

A place for the roleplayers of FTT to be appreciated for their own form of art, as well as have fun. Also, aspiring roleplayers can learn how to do so.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members

Go down 
+5
Amaya
ToastGhost
Legls
Sray'
Shuri
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shuri

Shuri

Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Honestly I never thought I'd have to kick anyone out, there was no interest in this rp at first and no one played the game but me and it's been difficult enough keeping up with 5 characters. So, I'm sorry to say we probably can't handle either of your characters. I don't think it matters much for Kaela's character since by the time we got to her it could be weeks or months later. Again, I'm sorry I'm gonna have to close thecharacter registrations from this point on.
Back to top Go down
Sray'

Sray'

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 Chee_c10
Back to top Go down
Sasha Nekosune

Sasha Nekosune

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 9:33 pm

*nods understandingly* im sure my character can wait for a long while. though... im not a big fan of monkeys... v.v. i have a partial thing against apes... i dont find them very attractive...
Back to top Go down
Sray'

Sray'

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:11 am

I'm sure that monkeys don't find you too good-looking either. Razz
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Admin
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:12 am

Sray' wrote:
I'm sure that monkeys don't find you too good-looking either. Razz

Zing. =3
Back to top Go down
Sray'

Sray'

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:14 am

Don't forget the finger snaps.
Back to top Go down
Legls

Legls

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Character sheet: Fuck yeah it is.

Character Name: Biggs
Race: Faerie
Appearance: He's about 16", tall (HA! He's 16"..), He has rounded, green eyes, about 3 inch long hair, most of it spiking forward from the top of his skull, it's pretty closely shaven on his neck, but some spots of his bangs still rest on his forehead. He's garbed out in what used to be a small black pouch, however, with the use of some red stings, he's fashioned the pouch into a neat looking jump suit. String wrapped down the arms, lacing around the midsection and into a sort of belt, very little sting was needed for the legs, they sort of hang freely since he mostly flies. He has very pale, almost white skin, the fact that he's almost constantly outdoors seems to have very little say in his skin tone however.
Bio: Biggs love's to fly. The fact that all the larger species construct such interesting things doesn't help his interest. He converges on buildings, crowded areas, ducking in and out of peoples legs, chairs, bushes. He's fashioned a pair of goggles, out of a strip of leather, and some ships of glass that he's cut down into circles.

Fucking oh yeah, you won't know when, as I'm waiting for some interesting stuff to happen, but I'll come outta no where and smack you in the ass. So pretty much, to avoid clutter, I'll be the groups stalker sort of person, you know? Every now and then popping on in to brighten your days, or perhaps help with a quest, who knows?

Fine you y'all?
Back to top Go down
Shuri

Shuri

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 12:03 am

Shuri wrote:
Honestly I never thought I'd have to kick anyone out, there was no interest in this rp at first and no one played the game but me and it's been difficult enough keeping up with 5 characters. So, I'm sorry to say we probably can't handle either of your characters. I don't think it matters much for Kaela's character since by the time we got to her it could be weeks or months later. Again, I'm sorry I'm gonna have to close thecharacter registrations from this point on.
Your a little late. =\
Back to top Go down
Legls

Legls

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 2:54 am

What if I put in a neat little quest, thick with details an adventure, heh?
Back to top Go down
Shuri

Shuri

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 pm

You could, it'd take us a while to get to it, and any characters you put in the quest can't be hanging around us afterwards but you could.
Back to top Go down
Legls

Legls

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Eh, doesn't exactally sound like it'd be worth the effort, I'll just continue to mess around in Blue (SOMEONE COME TO THE WATERFALL!) and work on my rp. Bwa-ha.. Bwa-ha-ha, BWUAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Shuri

Shuri

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:12 am

A few notes on how the world works, without the mana tree, there's not a constant flow of mana so magic can't be performed freely. So except for a few innate abilites some races have, (like Kamryn's illusions) the only way to do magic is with an instrument with some mana put in it. Mana will come in eight elemental forms, Shuri's using an instrument with light element which gives it a healing effect. I'll go into more depth if you guys want.
Back to top Go down
ToastGhost

ToastGhost

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 4:04 pm

Just outta curiosity, what are the eight? Also, what do you mean by instrument, like a literal musical instrument or any kind of object?
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Admin
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 4:18 pm

Wind, Water, Fire, Earth, Wood, gold... I think. I don't know the other two.

Or this Copy/Paste might help.

There are eight Elements:

1. Fire — spells that produce or affect fire or heat, such as Fireball and Resist Fire.

2. Water — spells that produce or affect water or ice, such as Water Walk or Ice Storm.

3. Earth — spells that produce or affect earth or the flesh, such as Dig, Create Earth Wall, and Petrify.

4. Air — spells that produce or affect air or electricity, such as Flying, Invisibility, and Lightning Bolt.

5. Life — spells that involve protection or life, such as all Resist spells, Summon Animal, Create Food, or Regeneration.

6. Death — spells that involve death or destruction, such as Poison Cloud, Death Ray, or Summon Demon.

7. Mind — spells that involve the mind or willpower, such as Fear, Confusion, Find Traps, or Know Alignment.

8. Spirit — spells that involve pure magic, such as Summon Player, Wizard Eye, Word of Recall, or Teleport.

And it wrote something about four arts..

1. Incantation — spells that produce an instantaneous effect, such as Jump, Cure Blindness, and Teleport.

2. Conjuration — spells that produce long-lived physical manifestations such as Wall of Fire or Summon Golem.

3. Evocation — spells that produce short-lived (but powerful) physical effects, such as Fireball, Icestorm, Lightning Bolt.

4. Enchantment — spells that produce a lasting effect on an item, monster or person, such as Resist Cold or Water Walk.

This is most likely not the rules or something... Shuri will know. =3
Back to top Go down
Shuri

Shuri

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Almost... the eight elements are governed by eight Mana Spirits.
Wikipedia wrote:
Elemental Spirits, also called Mana Spirits, are beings who govern the magic elements of the series' world, and are at the core of the games' magic system as they are used to cast magic spells. Eight types of spirits have appeared in the series since Secret of Mana, and each embodies a different element. Their names are homonyms of mythological beings or phenomena. In Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3, usage of their power is enabled upon the main characters' meeting with them. In Legend of Mana, the spirits serve as factors in the Land Creation System. In Legend of Mana and Sword of Mana, multiple spirits of the same elemental type appear. In terms of storyline, in Seiken Densetsu 3 and Heroes of Mana, the spirits are charged to protect the Mana Stones in which the Mana Goddess sealed eight elemental benevodons (God-Beasts in the fan-translation of SD3)
The Mana Spirits are:
Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 UndineLegend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 SylphidLegend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 ShadeLegend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 SalamandoLegend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 LunaLegend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 LuminaLegend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 GnomeLegend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 Dryad
From left to right: Undine, Jinn, Shade, Salamander, Luna, Wisp, Gnome and Dryad
The elements being Water, Air, Darkness, Fire, Moon, Light, Earth and uh Plants or something.
In Legend of Mana they provide elemental material that is used on musical instruments so you can have magic.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Nekosune

Sasha Nekosune

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 4:54 am

I REMEMBER THEM!!! from Children of mana. i beat it a while back. also luna appears to have the shortest animation.
Back to top Go down
ToastGhost

ToastGhost

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 pm

So how exactly will we find these artifacts that restore the world? Also, does it take some kind of special training to summon these spirits or can anyone do it just by playing an instrument?

I really need to play this game.
Back to top Go down
Shuri

Shuri

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Traditionally in the game you have to find the spirits, play instruments to lure them close, then quickly tackle them to the ground and only let them go if they give you their money. (Run to them, press X, receive magic to put in instrument before they disappear.) People will give artifacts as presents for doing quests for them, except for the first artifact which is given to you.
Back to top Go down
Legls

Legls

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 pm

COMEEEE ON! Let Biggs in. Two little fairy people pretty much equals one whole person, so it's not that bad.
Back to top Go down
ToastGhost

ToastGhost

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Yeah Shuri, CAMMMMOOOOOOONNNNNN! Hell knows we need more action anyway. The thread is dead.
Back to top Go down
Shuri

Shuri

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 3:01 am

I would, but I'm worried about how often Connor would be checking this forum.
Back to top Go down
Hexxus

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 6:34 pm

Sup Niggers. Got a question, am I allowed to not be a good guy?

--Edit--

Wait, NM. You should put a "Not accepting new members" in the thread title, so others don't make stupid posts like me.
Back to top Go down
Legls

Legls

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:28 pm

The checking thing is a problem at this point, since I don't have many reasons to be here. Other then the occasional post in Blue, the looking at the failure of my rp, there's not much for me here. BUT, if I had this rp, I'd be swell.
Back to top Go down
Shuri

Shuri

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Quest Name: Puppet Strings
Short description: The store owner's daughter seems to have a problem after she came back from playing in the woods.

We can do either this quest or Heart of Gold first you guys choose.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ToastGhost

ToastGhost

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:45 am

Man I wish this wasn't so dead. We need to do something about that.

EDIT: Yeah, Heart of Gold.
ZOMG DIAPURZ

Last edited by ToastGhost on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members   Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend of Mana RP - Not accepting new members
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next